Five easy steps before you get on the mat
1. Read the rules. (seriously) They're there to keep you safe but also to make sure we keep a good relationship with the owners of the venue (Boxing Woest). We really like it here so we want to keep our relationship with them pristine. The coach might send you off the mats if you break these rules. Ignorance of the rules excuses no one. Read the rules here.
2. Make sure you're insured. While BJJ is very safe, it's still an intense martial art, and accidents happen. That's why it's very important to be covered by insurance when something happens to your or your partner. It only costs 13 euros per year. You have no excuse not to be insured. If you train without insurance, we'll kick you off the mats.
3. Join our Discord We use Discord to do announcements and have more structured & in-depth communication around techniques, lessons, and competitions. Link
4. Whatsapp We use WhatsApp for lighter and ad-hoc communication around random stuff. Join by writing us in Instagram, Discord or asking us at the gym.
5. Get access to the class recordings.
Google Drive Here you will find all the recordings of the beginners & gi classes. Ask for access and I will grant it! If it takes longer than a day to get access, message Stapho on Discord. Link.
Discord In Discord, you will find a channel called roadmap no-gi. There you will find all the no-gi videos. Link.
That's it! All there's left now is to start your journey towards ever-improving BJJ. Don't forget to enjoy the process along the way. Good luck!
Rules of Stark